Declaring rental income

September 20, 2017

Some homeowners do not consider themselves to be a landlord if they did not set out to make a profit from letting their property. However, you must declare your rental income and associated expenses, in all of these situations:

  • posted abroad and let UK home to a friend.
  • live above the pub which you manage, and let your former home.
  • bought student house for your offspring, and other tenants in that house pay you directly for their rooms.
  • moved into a care home and let former house to pay for care home fees.
  • Inherited a house, and let it out before selling.

We can help you declare any rental income received in past years and get your tax records straightened out, contact our property tax team on 01223 810 100.

Back to Latest News From CKLG Accountants...