Property Tax Advice Cambridge

Commercial and residential property tax advice services


Property Tax

More people are investing in property than ever before. Whether you have a second home in the countryside, a property abroad or a buy-to-let portfolio,  CKLG Accountants in Cambridge can help with:

  • Preparation of property accounts
  • Calculating property tax
  • Preparation of property pages on your Self-Assessment Tax Return
  • Ensuring all appropriate reliefs and allowances are claimed
  • Advice on ownership structure
  • Changes to deductibility of mortgage interest
  • Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
  • Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) 
  • Capital Gains Tax planning
  • Advice on Furnished Holiday Lettings
  • Private Residence Relief (PRR)
  • Main Residence elections

Furnished Holiday Lets

Furnished Holiday Lets (FHL) follow different tax rules to other residential or commercial rentals, which can be advantageous. If your property qualifies under these rules you will need to calculate the profit / loss separately from any other rental business.

Principal Private Residence Relief

Capital Gains Tax will be payable when you sell a property that is not your main residence.  Where you have a second home, we can advise and assist you in making an appropriate 'main residence' election to ensure you optimise the reliefs available to you. 

Please contact our personal tax advisers in Cambridge to discuss your property tax requirements. 

Property Tax Advice Cambridge