Trusts & Estates – Tax & Accounting
Trusts can be created during your lifetime or via your will. They enable you to pass assets to future generations whilst retaining an element of control and protection over the assets gifted. Trusts can help to achieve tax savings during your lifetime and beyond.
Using Trusts can help protect wealth, provide financial security for future generations and protect the family estate to ensure your assets are directed in accordance with your wishes.
Whether you would like advice on the operation of an existing Trust or are thinking of creating a new Trust, we work closely with legal advisers to ensure your objectives are achieved.
We can help guide you through:
- Tax planning using Trusts
- The administration of your Trust to include the preparation of annual accounts, Trust tax returns, and the Trust Registration Service
- IHT advice and reporting requirements
- Acting as a professional Trustee
- Advising Trustees
- Navigating the tax consequences of offshore bonds (international bonds)
- Offshore Trusts
We are also able to provide tax & accounting services for Estates.
After the death of a loved one, it can be tricky to navigate all the responsibilities that fall to the Personal Representatives. We work closely with solicitors and our clients to ensure a seamless process and lessen the burden upon the Personal Representatives.
We can assist with:
- Preparing an Estate Summary to ascertain the liabilities to tax and the filing requirements.
- Preparing the IHT400 and any supplementary forms required.
- Preparing the Estate’s Tax Return for the relevant periods.
- Preparing Estate accounts for the administration period.
- Assessing the requirements of the Trust Registration Service and assisting with any submissions required.
Find out more about your responsibilities as a Trustee by downloading our guide below.
What our clients say
“May I say how much I appreciate your support and help here – and in our other shared estate – I have never found a better firm.”